NEWS AND UPDATES
PAMJE INVITES ENTRIES TO A LOGO DESIGN CONTEST
The Philippine Association of Medical Journal Editors (PAMJE), in cooperation with the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development of the Department of Science and Technology (PCHRD-DOST), calling all designers, graphic artists, students, and professionals to a logo design contest.
PAMJE, a non-governmental organization that strives to raise the quality of medical and health-related journal publishing in the Philippines, is in need of a visual identity, a logo design that would represent and embody the organization.
Organization’s objectives are as follows:
1. encourage collaboration and facilitate communication among medical and health journal editors in the Philippines and the Asia Pacific Region;
2. improve editorial standards and promote professionalism in medical editing through education, self-assessment, and self-governance;
3. facilitate scholarly research writing and peer-review processes through training workshops, seminars and other activities; and
4. foster the continuing education of medical and health journal editors, reviewers, editorial staff, publishers and librarians in the country.
Logo Contest Guidelines:
- The contest is open to all interested parties except to employees of DOST-PCHRD and PAMJE members.
- The logo design must correspond to the PAMJE’s Mission and Objectives.
- Designs must be in JPEG and PSD format with 300 dpi or higher.
- Criteria for judging the logo design includes:
- Uniqueness and Content. A new design that will speak about the organization’s mission.
- Scalability – readability and impact from small and large logo reproduction
- Adaptability for all media use.
- Overall Design. Quality of logo and overall impact.
- The organizer has exclusive ownership, copyright, and control over the use of the original winning design in all forms and formats. The organizers may reproduce in any format; all or any portion of the design, and distribute any reproductions of the logo design.
- Contest winner will receive a cash prize of P10, 000.
- The winning artist will be notified by phone call and email.
- Deadline for submission of entries is until March 28, 2014.
- Entries must be submitted via mail c/o Meychell S. Angoy, PCHRD-DOST, 3F DOST Main Bldg., Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City or sent through email at firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com.