The Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) invites interested Filipino researchers to submit proposals under the 10th Joint Call for Proposals of the e-ASIA Joint Research Program (e-ASIA JRP) in the fields of health.
The aim of the e-ASIA JRP 10th Health Research Call is to invite proposals for research addressing health and biomedical issues in East Asia and contribute to enhancing regional research capacity through multilateral collaboration. The call topics are:
- Infectious diseases
DOST- PCHRD, as one of the Member Organizations, will select two (2) research proposals under this Call.
Review Procedures Approval of proposals for research grants will be based on a multi-level review process:
- In-house screening and evaluation in terms of alignment to the research priorities, duplication, and completeness of requirements.
- Technical review and scoring by external consultants (Technical Panel) based on the following criteria:
- Relevance & Sensitivity
- Alignment to national S&T priorities, strategic relevance to national development and sensitivity to Philippine political context, culture, tradition and gender and development.
- Merit Sound scientific basis to generate new knowledge or apply existing knowledge in an innovative manner.
- Financial Feasibility
- Financial viability of the undertaking with proponent’s and institutional capacity to manage R&D funds vis-à-vis the proposed work plan and budget
- Proponent’s / Institutional Capacity
- Good track record or CV with proven competence to implement and complete the R&D program / project within the approved duration and budget.
- Program Contribution
- How much the proposal will contribute to the overall achievement of the program? Other potential socio-economic, environmental, and health impact.
- Final approval by the PCHRD Governing Council or the PCHRD Executive Director depending on the recommended total budgetary requirement of the proposal.
- In each stage of the review process, the proponent may need to revise the proposal on the basis of the recommendations of the reviewers. The review process will take 40 working days or less provided that all the requirements had been submitted.
- Relevance & Sensitivity
Who may apply for the grant?
Filipinos with at least a Master’s Degree in a relevant field, have proven research competence / track record, and employed in universities/colleges, research agencies/institutes, hospitals, and other health related agencies are eligible to apply for the research grant.
How to apply:
The interested researcher shall submit the following requirements online through the DOST Project Management Information System (DPMIS) (http://dpmis.dost.gov.ph/):
- Project Proposal following the prescribed format in the DOST DPMIS website
- Work plan Schedule (Gantt Chart of Activities)
- Proposed Line-Item Budget (LIB) (DOST-GIA LIB Form)
- Counterpart Funding of Implementing Agency
- Informed Consent Form
- Case Report Form, if applicable
- Endorsement of Agency Head
- Curriculum Vitae of Proponent(s)
- Duties and Responsibilities of each Project Personnel
- Letter of request addressed to:
The Executive Director
Philippine Council for Health Research and Development
Department of Science and Technology
Saliksik Building, DOST Science Complex, Gen. Santos Avenue
Bicutan, Taguig City, Metro Manila
DOST-PCHRD will also require the proponent to submit the following documents before the start of project implementation:
- Biosafety Clearance, if applicable
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Clearance, if applicable
- Bureau of Animal Industry Clearance, if applicable
- Ethics Clearance (for studies involving human subjects)
Deadline for online submission will be on or before 30 March 2021 (Philippine Standard Time). Note: Online submission will be through the DOST DPMIS website only. Submission through emails and hardcopies will not be accepted.
- Funding Support Available
DOST-PCHRD will allocate up to 100,000 USD for each research project for a duration of three years. DOST Grants in Aid guidelines shall be applied.
For further information on the complete package of the Call and the application procedures of the 10th Joint Call of the e-ASIA JRP, you may visit the e-ASIA website: https://www.the-easia.org/jrp/ .