CALLS AND EVENTS
CALL EXTENDED: Call for Proposals on Research-driven Epidemiological Advancements and Catalysts for Health (REACH) Program
The Department of Science and Technology – Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) and the Department of Health – Epidemiology Bureau (DOH-EB) is launching the “Research-driven Epidemiological Advancements and Catalysts for Health (REACH) Program”.
The REACH program will encapsulate the epidemiology-related research and development priorities of the DOH, as well as a platform for knowledge exchange and capacity building. Through this, the epidemiology and surveillance policies will be informed with different sets of evidence to ensure its relevance, comprehensibility, and sustainability among its end users. This collaborative engagement will also enable a platform for shared knowledge, experience, and expertise to better equip the assigned personnel with research and development as well as other technical skills.
In this call, the focus is on the following research topics:
- Implementation of the 2023 Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) and Global School-based Student Health Survey (GSHS) in the Philippines
- Research Study for Post-COVID Conditions in the Philippines
Interested proponents must prepare the following documentary requirements:
- Detailed Research Proposal using the DOST form (DOST Form 2, with DOST Form 1 if program)
- Work Plan schedule
- Proposed Line-Item Budget (DOST Form No. 4) with counterpart funding from the Implementing Agency (15%)
- Endorsement of Agency Head
- Duties and Responsibilities of Each Project Personnel
- Curriculum Vitae of Proponents
- Ethics Clearance
- Biosafety Clearance
- IACUC clearance (for studies with animal tests)
- BAI permit (for studies with animal tests)
- Informed Consent Form (for studies with human subjects)
- Case Report Form
All proposals will undergo in-house screening by PCHRD, and a technical evaluation by external reviewers, before the final approval of the DOST Executive Committee, PCHRD Governing Council, or the PCHRD Executive Director depending on the recommended total budgetary requirement of the proposal.
To join this call, interested researchers are to submit the requirements through PCHRD Project Management System (PMS) at https://projects.pchrd.dost.gov.ph/ until JULY 15, 2023.