The Manila and Economic and Cultural Office—Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (MECO-TECO) Sandwich Scholarship Program is a result of partnership between the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan and the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI). It aims to provide opportunity to Filipino MS and PhD students to conduct their research in a reputable university or research institution in Taiwan. The SSP is a MECO-TECO collaborative undertaking is being implemented by the National Science Council of Taiwan and the Department of Science and Technology.
The SSP is open to master’s and doctoral students who would like to conduct their researches in a university or research institution in Taiwan. Applicants must undertake research on the following priority areas:
- Natural Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Accomplished MECO-TECO SSP Application form
- Proposed Host Institution and Adviser
- CV of Filipino and Taiwanese Host Professors
- Certified Copy of Transcript of Records
- Endorsement from two (2) Former Professors
- Endorsement from Project Leader (for ASTHRDP/ERDT scholars)
- If employed, recommendation from President of the Agency
- Two (2) recent 2x2 ID picture
MOST will grant a stipend of NT$20,000 for MS students and NT$30,000 for PhD students per month while DOST will grant relocation assistance of Php30,000, one roundtrip economy fare, and travel and accident insurance. The duration of the program starts on June 2020.
Deadline of submission of applications: 15 January 2020
- Written by Alyana Kaye Bacarra
- Published: 10 January 2020