The Southeast Asia-Europe Joint Funding Scheme for Research and Innovation are accepting proposals in the Thematic Areas of Infectious Diseases (Anti-Microbial Resistance) and Smart Cities.
WHO MAY APPLY?
- Public legal RTD (Research and Technology Development) entities, higher education institutions, non-university research establishments, companies (all depending on national regulations)
- SMEs, industries and clusters in consortia
- Must comprise of at least 3 partners from 3 different countries (either 2 different Southeast Asian partners and 1 European partner or 2 different European partners and 1 Southeast Asian partner)
- The project should start earliest in July 2020. Funding will be provided for the duration of a maximum of three years (36 months).
- Each project team should have a project coordinatorfrom among all partners of the respective projects.
- Only one proposal per projectshould be submitted.
- All proposals must be written in English
- Eligibility check
The Joint Call Secretariat (JCS) will check all pre-proposals to ensure that they meet the formal criteria of the call (date of submission, number and country distribution of participating research partners, inclusion of all necessary information in English and length). The JCS will forward the proposals to the National Contact Points who will perform a check for compliance to country/regional rules (as described in respective "National Guidelines for applicants”).
Please note that proposals not meeting the formal criteria or the national/regional eligibility criteria and requirements may be declined without further review.
- Peer review
Independent scientific/business experts in the relevant thematic research fields will carry out the anonymous peer review of the eligible project proposals according to evaluation criteria set up by the funding parties. Each proposal will be evaluated by three evaluators (at least one Southeast Asian and one European peer reviewer). The peer reviewers will be nominated by the Southeast Asian and European National Contact Points in cooperation with the funding parties.
Applications should be submitted through the PT-Outline Web Tool. Deadline of submission is on 18 November 2019 12:00 (noon) CET/ 18:00 Jakarta time.
For more information, you may visit the SEA-EU-JFS website at https://www.sea-eu-jfs.eu/call/2019-innovation-joint-call-proposals-infectious-diseases-incl-amr-and-smart-cities.
- Written by Alyana Kaye Bacarra
- Created: 09 July 2019