JASTIP-Net aims to strengthen the Japan-ASEAN research collaboration network, widen and deepen the coverage of JASTIP within the ASEAN region, and seek new collaborations for developing capacities, fostering partnerships and growing new endeavors into mature research projects.
Interested Applicants must choose one out of four research themes listed below:
- Partnership, Networking and Integrated Approach
- Operational linkages among academic sector, government agencies, and private sectors in the ASEAN Member States and Japan.
- Study a strategy/policy to apply STI collaboration at a country/regional level to social implementation for achieving SDGs in the ASEAN region.
- Energy and Environment Joint Laboratory
- Implementation Study of Renewable Energy in Southeast Asia
- Bioresources and Biodiversity Joint Laboratory
- Studies on biodiversity in the ASEAN region contributing to the improvement of identification, collection and/or information.
- Sustainable utilization of bioresources for biorefinery, bioremediation, wood construction, food or medicine.
- Plant improvement for agroforestry systems and carbon sequestration contributing to the mitigation of and/or adaptation to climate change.
- Disaster Prevention Joint Laboratory
- Innovative ideas on disaster prevention, mitigation and recovery technologies and policies peculiar to each ASEAN Member State.
- How to cope with trans-boundary disasters in the ASEAN region such as tsunami, flood, drought and haze.
- Understanding and quantitative evaluating disaster risks peculiar to the ASEAN Member States.
Deadline of applications for the first submission is on 21 July 2018, and the second submission is on 10 August 2018, 17:00 (Japanese Standard Time).
For complete application details, please visit http://jastip.org/en/eventinfo/jastip-net-2018-call-for-application-for-collaborative-researches/.
Written by Reuben Andrew R. Razal
Created: 02 July 2018