Nikkei Asia Prizes, which are awarded each year, are designed to recognize oustanding achievements that contribute to th region's sustainable development of a better future Asia.
Nikkei Asia Prizes:
- aim to award outstanding achievements and contributions which were carried out within the past single decade.
- would like you to search actively for not only individuals that have already received recognition, but also for those who are not so well known, but have conducted steady and sincere activities toward creating stable lives for people, contributing to prosperity.
- would like you to nominate individuals who are active at present. Nominations of young people are welcome, if their work has received a certain amount of recognition already.
- believe that there would be little significance in presenting the Nikkei Asia Prizes to individuals that have already received such awards as the Nobel Prize or the Kyoto Prizes.
Science and Technology
Nikkei Asia Prize for Science and Technology is designed to recognize scientific researches and technological innovations in various fields, ranging from bio, genome, information technology to medicine. Nominees may include: 1) researchers who have discovered new ways to protect the environments or recycle resources 2) researchers who have developed new species that increase harvests 3) medical doctors or scientists whose achievements benefit people in the region or in a country.
For more information, visit http://www.nikkei-events.jp/asiaprizes/en/
- Written by Jessica Marie R. Suerte
- Created: 09 October 2017