2nd National Medical Writing and Peer Review Workshop to be held in Marco Polo Hotel Davao City
Following the success of the 1st National Medical Writing and Peer Review Workshop held in Cebu City last 19-20 January, 2012, the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development of the Department of Science and Technology (PCHRD-DOST), in collaboration with the Philippine Association of Medical Journal Editors (PAMJE) and Asia Pacific Association of Medical Journal Editors (APAME), will hold the 2nd National Medical Writing and Peer Review Workshop on July 26-27, 2012 at the Marco Polo Hotel, Davao City.
The two-day intensive workshop combines lectures with practical exercises that will equip health researchers and editors in medical writing and peer review process. Participants will be taught the structure of a scientific paper, the individual components of the paper, how to prepare a manuscript, the role of editors and peer reviewers and what they look for in a manuscript.
Aside from the lectures, participants will have the opportunity to join small group exercises on the various components of a scientific paper under the guidance of workshop facilitators.
More than 50 health researchers and editors nationwide are expected to join and participate in the workshop. Participants will come from the 17 regional health research consortia of the country.
Following are the resource persons for the workshop:
- Dr. Wilfred Peh, Former Editor, Singapore Medical Journal (SMJ); Clinical Professor, National University of Singapore; President, Singapore Association of Medical Journal Editors (SAMJE);
- Professor Jose Florencio Lapeña, Jr., Editor-in-Chief, Philippine Journal of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery; President, Philippine Association of Medical Journal Editors (PAMJE)
- Dr. Xenia Catherine Jaramillo Fabay, Pediatric Infectious Disease Specialist, Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center; Associate Editor, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society of the Philippines Journal
- Written by Ana Ciaren P. Hipolito
- Created: 21 September 2012